Hello my lovelies! It’s the first post I’m writing for the year! I’ve left it a bit late compared to everyone else in writing about my 2020 and what I’m hoping for in 2021, but that’s because a ridiculous about of stuff (some good, some extremely shit) happened last year for me and I just haven’t had the mental space or time to sit down and download my thoughts.
A rundown of my 2020 goes a bit like this:
- January: Start of 2020 – Turned 24yrs old, went for an mri scan for my back, started dry January, officially came out to everyone as Pan.
- February: Went to Harry Potter Studio Tours, left an 8 year relationship, decided to turn my Dry January into Dry 2020 (what a decision to make in 2020).
- March: Fresh start, moved to a tiny room, started to feel like myself again, lockdown number 1 started, working from home began.
- April: A bit of a blur to be honest, I remember holding an at home escape room for my family, also sent an ipad to my grandparents in .
- May: Family quiz nights weekly, a socially distanced bbq with our bubble for my niece’s 2nd birthday my my sisters birthday.
- June: Went for another mri scan for my back, started online dating, started my witchcraft journey.
- July: Went for a few online dates – nothing came of it (but I did get my first online date and my first date in over 8 years out of the way), found out my Granny has terminal liver failure.
- August: First holiday abroad in about 4 years cancelled due to covid, bit of a shit month to be honest, but I got meds for my acne.
- September: Fully embraced the single life and learning to love myself for who I am, started exploring new fashion choices/styles.
- October: Halloween themed birthday party for my 4 year old nephew (in our bubble), started following people online that promote real bodies and body positivity/neutrality, savings took a big hit from car insurance and mot/service – essentially had to rebuild my car.
- November: Started Christmas shopping online, lockdown 2 I think? (I never fully left the first one) lockdown).
- December: Christmas, took a break from work, blogging and freelancing over the festive period, started loving and accepting my body for how it is now.
So that was my 2020. It had some real highs and some really low lows; the best things about 2020 for me were coming out, spending time with my family, finding myself again and having a bit of a reset. The real low lows were finding out my Granny is terminally ill, not being able to see family members, and general worries about everyone’s health.
All in all 2020 was a year of self discovery, reflection, love, loss, stress and rest. Oh, and I completed dry 2020 even with all the shit it threw at me!
Now that 2021 has begun, and with everything that happened last year, I’ve made the decision to only have 3 resolutions for the year and if anything else happens then I’m happy.
My three resolutions for the year are:
- Accepting my body as it is.
- To accept myself for who I am completely, not changing who I am/how I behave so I fit with what I think everyone wants me to be to them.
- Make the most of each situation.
And that’s about it! I’ve done my tarot reading for the year and I’m excited to see what this year will bring; I may do another post on that in the future but for now I’m going to keep it to me. One tarot card that I have on my altar at the moment is the card of the Fool. The Fool is the first card of the tarot and represents beginnings, journeys, joy, creativity and possibility; so I felt like it was a good card to start my year with.
I typically do a tarot reading once a month-ish and then whenever I feel drawn to my cards. (If you want some posts on tarot cards and readings let me know!) One project I’m also doing this year is designing my own tarot cards!
That’s about it for today my loves! I’m now off to go and read a book I haven’t been able to stop reading! Stay tuned for some fashion posts coming soon, and let me know if you have any post requests!
Have a great weekend everyone!