Happy Christmas my lovelies! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and I hope the new year brings you lots of happiness. I got lovely gifts in all shapes and sizes this Christmas, but the part I enjoy the most every year is spending the day with my loved ones.
So, as you can probably guess since we’re at the end of 2019, today’s post is all about my new year resolutions and if I managed to stick to the ones I made at the start of the year.
At the beginning of the year, I made resolutions to:
- Cycle to work.
- Read more.
- Continue writing my blog here.
- Learn to love my body more for everything it is and does.
- Wearing what I want to, regardless of other people’s opinions.
- Raise some money for charity through RED January.
First up, I did manage to cycle to work over the course of January, which was pretty good for me. One thing I didn’t account for when deciding to cycle more was that my chronic back pain would actually get a lot worse with cycling to work; this led to me having to stop cycling, but as soon as my health is in a better place, I will definitely start this up again as it was great for my mental health!
Next up I resolved that I wanted to read more. This one I did manage! I’ve read several body positive books, started listening to (and found a love for) audio books and I’m currently re-reading all of the Harry Potter books.
I of course have kept up with my third resolution of continuing my blog, because you’re reading this post now!
I’m very happy to let you know that since making the decision to learn to love my body at the beginning of the year, I have definitely made some big steps towards loving my body in the past year. One of the biggest things that has made a difference in my body image was finding a way to love exercise again, and exercising for the right reasons. Ever since beginning the be.come project, my attitude and outlook on physical activity has changed for life!
Going hand in hand with learning to love my body was wearing whatever clothes I wanted, and that was a huge success, now when I get ready in the morning it doesn’t even cross my mind that others will have an opinion about my clothes. After all, your own opinion on your appearance is the only one that matters.
Finally, I took part in RED January to raise some money for MIND which I did indeed complete and I managed to raise a small some to give to the mental health organisation.
So, with all of that reflecting done, what am I resolving to do in 2020?
- Continue last years resolutions.
- Find out what works for me now that I am off the pill (there will be a post about this when I’ve been a year free of it!).
- Find a skincare routine that works to help my adult acne (one of the cons to coming off the pill I was on for my acne).
- Make more time for my art.
- Finally get a diagnosis for my chronic back pain.
- Find a good work life balance and boundaries.
- Declutter every 3 months and try to stick to a minimalist approach to material things (I’m about to Marie Kondo this sitch!)
- Eat more vegetables and have meat free days in the week.
- Drink more water.
- Create a morning routine that works for me.
- Finally, I’m going to give up alcohol completely – I won’t lie, this one is super easy for me since I once have a drink once in a blue moon.
And those are my new years resolutions! I want to say a huge thank you to all of you who follow, read and support my blog, you really do mean the world to me and I certainly wouldn’t be where I am without you! And with that, that’s all from me! What’re your new years resolutions? Let me know in the comments!
Have a happy new year!